Information for Stewards
Stewarding can be hard work but it’s also very rewarding. This section is designed to make this as easy as possible by providing resources useful for stewards, whether they are doing it for the first time or the hundredth. These resources provide a range of useful suggestions based on the experience of others; they are guidelines, rather than official policy.
Running an Event
Being in charge of an event does not have to be difficult, but it does help if you are organised and follow the basic requirements. The following is a very basic guide to stewarding your first event. We suggest you use this as a starting point, and consult a more experienced steward if you have problems or questions. Stewarding for Beginners (Word) is an excellent introduction to the process of running an event.
Proposing your event
At minimum, an event proposal should include the following:
And if you would like to see what else might already be on the Events schedule (both approved and proposed), then see the Events Planning Calendar.
Running your event
- If you require a cash advance please submit this form (Word or PDF) to the Reeve and cc the Seneschal
- To request a reimbursement after the event, please use this form (Word) and email to the Reeve and cc the Seneschal.
- Make sure that members and non-members sign in at the gate, using the SCANZ Sign-in Forms for Members/Event Members
- Complete the Event Financial Report Form (Word or Excel).
- Write a short event report or complete Event Report form.