- SG Home
- About the Barony
- Documents, Forms & Policies
- Events Calendar
- Canterbury Faire
- Newsletter - From the Tower
- The Populace
- Heraldry and Awards
- Arts and Sciences
Information for Stewards
Stewarding can be hard work but it’s also very rewarding. This section is designed to make this as easy as possible by providing resources useful for stewards, whether they are doing it for the first time or the hundredth. These resources provide a range of useful suggestions based on the experience of others; they are guidelines, rather than official policy.
Running Events - the Essentials
Being in charge of an event does not have to be difficult, but it does help if you are organised and following the basic requirements. The following is a very basic guide to stewarding your first event. We suggest you use this as a starting point, and consult a more experienced steward if you have problems or questions. Stewarding for Beginners (Word) is an excellent introduction to the process of running an event.
Proposing your event - the essentials
At minimum, an event proposal should include the following:
For advice on proposals and bugets, see the FAQ for Stewards.
Running your event - the essentials
- If you require a cash advance please submit this form (Word or PDF)
- Make sure that members and non-members sign in at the gate, using the SCANZ Sign-in Forms for Members/Event Members (PDF)
- Complete the Event Financial Report Form (Word document or Excel spreadsheet).
- Write a short event report or complete Event Report form (Word document).
For more advice on proposals and bugets, see the FAQ for Stewards.