- SG Home
- About the Barony
- Documents, Forms & Policies
- Events Calendar
- Canterbury Faire
- Newsletter - From the Tower
- The Populace
- Heraldry and Awards
- Arts and Sciences
Changeover of Baron and Baroness
Greetings to the Barony of Southron Gaard and the The Kingdom of Lochac from Cornelius and Elizabeth King and Queen of Lochac.
They have the overwhelming support of the Barony and We recognise they will give the position dignity, honour and respect.
They will bring a new energy and vigour to a group that has faced many challenges over the past twelve months.
We would also like to take the opportunity to thank Lady Amalie von Brisache for her wonderful efforts as Vicar.
We look forward to the Investiture of Lord Oswyn & Mistress Isabella to Territorial Baron and Baroness of Southron Gaard at the next Canterbury Fair.
Cornelius - Rex
Elizabeth - Queen
- Announcement by their Excellencies of their intent to step down
- In the Interim
- Summary of dates
- Discussion between Candidates and Populace ~ Forum
- Consultation (the Poll)
- The Decision
Their Excellencies announced their intention to step down, 1 June AS XLVI
Unto the populace of the Barony of Southron Gaard & the College of St. Kessog this day Christopher & Clare, 4th Baron & Baroness of Southron Gaard, send greetings.
Happy New Year, one & all!
It is with profound regret We must announce We have sought Their Majesty´s leave to step down as the 4th Baron & Baroness of Southron Gaard & that this will take effect within the coming month.
Be assured Their Majesties will communicate Their plans on how the Barony will proceed at Their earliest convenience.
So, how does one write, in such a limited space, of Our experiences being your Baron & Baroness these last two and a half years?
The highlight, for Us both, has to be the people We have met and the camaraderie We have experienced. The role has been a joy; there are so many people who have made a sacrifice so that others may enjoy each & every event held.
Thank you, all.
These are not just three words said, but are truly heartfelt.
We will miss each & every one of you & We take with Us long-lasting memories. Be assured We will return to Our beloved Southron Gaard for events whenever we can.
Yours in Service,
Christopher Foxe & Clare Fletcher of Maldon
Long Live Their Majesties Gabriel & Constanzia!
Long Live Their Highnesses Cornelius & Elizabeth!
Long Live Lochac!
In the Interim
Their Majesties have appointed a vicar:
After consultation with the Seneschal of Lochac, the Seneschal of Southron Gaard, and the Baron and Baroness of Southron Gaard, we are minded to name The Honourable Lady Amalie von Brisache as the Vicar of Southron Gaard. She has been chosen for her gentle nature however we have found her to be quietly courageous. We hope that you will lend your support to Amalie as the role will be very different to what has been experienced by the group, and she will need your encouragement to have fun with the role and we hope that you will also celebrate it too. It is an unusual role and a wonderful opportunity for her and for the Barony.
Gabriel and Constanzia
Rey y la Reina de Lochac
The process for the determination of the next Baron and Baroness of Southron Gaard will be as follows:
11/06/2011 to 10/09/2011
Consideration by members of the populace to contend for the role of Baron
and Baroness of SG.
10/09/2011 - 24/09/2011
Nominations sent to list by Vicar
09/10/2011 to 23/10/2011
Consultation Period and Poll
Canterbury Faire 2012
Baronial Investiture of the 5th Baron and Baroness of Southron Gaard
We will be allowing time for the members of the populace to consider whether or not they wish to consider nominating for role of Baron and Baroness for one month from this notice.
Nominations for the position of Baron and Baroness of Southron Gaard will now open from 10th of September and to be made via email to Us firstname.lastname@example.org and to the Vicar of Southron Gaard email@example.com by the 24th day of September. Each nomination will include a letter outlining the experience of the candidates in the SCA and whatever other skills they have to lend to the role, and their intent for the group and region. These letters will then be forwarded on to the local mailing lists on the 25th day of September 2011.
Discussion between Candidates and Populace
There will be two weeks (the 25th of September until the 9th of October) between the announcement of the Candidates and the beginning of polling, which the candidates will use to discuss their ideas and intentions for the Barony with the populace. This will be done using the group mailing lists and websites. In person meetings are also an option for your Barony and can be arranged during this period. A forum has been set up to manage this process in consideration of geography of the Barony of Southron Gaard.
Consultation Process (The Poll)
According to Corpora and the Lochac Laws, the Crown has the responsibility of choosing successors based on the written advice of members of the Barony, and the decision must not be substantively opposed by the populace. We have opted to poll the populace to ensure that these criteria are met when making Our decision.
- Poll will open on the 9th of October 2011 and shall conclude on the 23rd of October.
- This poll will be done electronically - please send your comments directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are seeking the opinion of those who directly participate with the Barony of Southron Gaard.
- We will consider the opinions of gentles located in other groups, however greater weight will be placed on the opinions of those who live within the boundaries of the Barony, and who are paid members of the SCA.
- Send your recommendation to Us is to be in the following format:
- Candidates who are your first preference, with reasons for this preference.
- Candidates who are your second preference, with reasons. (etc).
Your Recommendation to us will include:
- Personal information about yourself such as: membership number, Barony/Canton you reside in and a brief outline of your participation level (depth of experience/group/SCA)
- Your personal contact details so that if your recommendation is not clear to Us, We can choose to contact you to clarify.
- Strengths and weaknesses of all candidates in order of preference. This needs to be very clearly articulated so that We understands your wishes.
We ask if you can please advise us, regardless of your preference, whether you would support each set of candidates as the Baron and Baroness of Southron Gaard.
If you feel you cannot support any of the candidates, or you strongly feel that the Barony needs more time please indicate this clearly. Please note, a Vicar, The Honourable Lady Amalie von Brisache, will be in place from the 3rd of July 2011 until the investiture of the new Baron and Baroness at Canterbury Faire 2012.
- Your recommendation to Us will remain confidential. Please feel free to be open and honest, but do note that this is not an opportunity for personal attack or malice. We ask that where possible an impartial and unbiased observation be made with a view of the best benefits for the Barony and greater region for Our consideration. Please be aware that if insufficient information is received, We may choose to opt for alternative candidates than the nominees. It is vital that as many of you participate in this consultation process as possible.
We will be requesting a current membership list from the SCANZ Registrar for your Barony to ensure that we have sufficient majority of members participating.
The Decision Process
We will be dedicating ourselves to reading and considering all of your input. We understand that this is a very stressful time for the candidates in particular so we will be making the decision swiftly based on your advice. We hope to have a decision finalised on the 31st of October 2011 if not earlier.
Communication regarding the outcome of Our decision to the candidates and to the Barony of Southron Gaard.
Successful and unsuccessful candidates will be advised by a phone call from Us after We have finalised Our decision.
The Vicar will then send an electronic announcement to the local lists advising you of this decision.
The decision of appointing the next Baron and Baroness of Southron Gaard is a weighty and important one to the Kingdom of Lochac, and due consideration will be taken. It is very important that you take the opportunity of participating within stipulated time lines for your voice to be heard by Us.
This is a very exciting time for Southron Gaard and we wish you all good luck. We look forward to reading your recommendations.
Cornelius and Elizabeth
Heirs to Gabriel and Constanzia, Crown of Lochac